Tuesday, January 18, 2011

J02


This image is a pair of my roommate's pajama pants. I liked this pattern because of the way the horizontal bars are solid and the vertical ones are actually two small bars yet both look similar from far away.


This image is of some of the lockers in the men's locker room at the RPAC. I liked this because these lockers are arranged in a pattern in order to optimize their utility yet by doing so it created a more aesthetically appealing arrangement.


This picture is of a wall calendar in my room. Much like the picture above, I liked this one because its form is a result of its function


This picture is of the bricks in the fireplace chimney in my house. I liked this pattern because the mortar used to glue to bricks together helps to break up the pattern some.


This pattern is the wiring outside a bucket on my desk. I liked this pattern because of the way there are holes at the joints where the wires meet instead of just having the wires twist and overlap like you would normally see from this type of container.


This pattern is the carpet in my bedroom. I enjoyed this one because the weave of the fabric is symmetrical yet the dark colored dots within the same pattern are not.


This pattern is of the bricks in the wall on the ground floor of the inside of the RPAC. I liked it because of the way the bricks do not all line up evenly even though they could have and still accomplished their purpose.


This pattern is of the floor below the bricks above. I liked the coloration of the dark spots on the teal background.


This picture is the floor in the RPAC locker room. I liked it because the squares were an even symmetrical pattern but the colors were more varied and random. I also liked the color scheme.


This pattern is of a stack of envelopes on my desk in my room. I liked it because of the way the cards are not even supposed to be a pattern but when smashed together they make an appealing pattern.

No comments:

Post a Comment